In IELTS, Writing Section could be the hardest one to crack since it solely depends on your ability to represent data. There are two tasks in IELTS Writing segment according to which examiner evaluates and awards marks.
Academic IELTS: Writing Task 1
Either a picture, graph, chart or diagram is given based on which you will have to write a passage or report of at least 150 words. If you wish to score 9 bands in IELTS Writing, make sure that your matter covers each aspect of that topic including main ideas, key pointers and stages of progress. You will be given 20 minutes to complete this task.
Academic IELTS: Writing Task 2
In Task 2, you will be given a topic to write an essay. Now, this topic might need you to state argument or a problem. You can also be given a point of view for reference. 40 minutes are allotted to complete this task within which you are required to write an essay of at least 250 words.
Learn IELTS Marking Criteria For Each Section
How to score 9 bands in IELTS Writing Section?
For success in this field of IELTS Exam, appropriate use of the right techniques is called for. We bring you some vital tips for writing in Academic IELTS, be it essay or report, depending on which examinant will surely mark high scores.
- It is highly important to get a proper understanding of question. You need to know central concept around which it revolves and never stray away from it. Do not start writing immediately. Just take time to grasp theme of both tasks.
- Both tasks require use of wide range of words for exceptional portrayal of your written material. Focus on expanding your vocabulary, especially for Academic IELTS Writing Task 2. Examiner will look out for variety of words.
- Considering examiner’s point of view, write in properly structured framework. In order to enhance quality of your answer, it is better to organize your thoughts, pointers and conclusion (specifically in task 2).
- Grammar plays a very important role in getting you high band score in IELTS Writing Section. Your score will increase if you make sure to remember different grammar tenses and use correct punctuation.
- If you wish to gain highest, 9 band score in writing part of Academic IELTS, pay special attention to write within range of 150-180 for task 1 and 250-280 for task 2. There is penalty in case you write less than minimum word limit and writing in excess won’t get any additional marks.