Today, all the students wish to move abroad for higher studies. For this, they have to go through various formalities to earn the student visa. One of this formality is- to score required bands in Ielts. Every country has its own terms and conditions so bands varies from country to country. Ielts is a test that examines four skills of the student- Listening, Speaking, writing and Reading. One has to prepare perfectly for all the four sections. Students are very anxious to know- How to get 7 or more bands in Ielts. British Ielts always tries to provide the best possible knowledge to the students. It focuses on each and every relevant point that may boost your overall scores. It offers all the necessary Information about IELTS Test and preparation tips. It covers everything from listening skills to speaking gestures and from reading tricks to writing methods.
In this article, we are going to suggest an advice on- How to write solid essays during exam to score good. These tips can be used elsewhere as well, when you need to write an essay. Please move through the tips:
- Understand the purpose of writing: Before you start writing an essay on any topic, you must know the purpose of writing. For example, in Ielts your motive is to influence the examiner and you should know in advance how to do this. You should be very particular and appropriate in your writing with respect to the asked topic that can convince the examiner. This effort can create a positive impact and give you good marks.
- Start generating Ideas: Once you read the topic, start linking all the important references to it that you have ever heard. Produce new ideas as well, that may support your topic. Think from different views for your topic to collect strong points. Before laying your ideas to the answer sheet, think twice. Use reliable examples to prove your matter. Its up to you, how you reflect your ideas or expressions on the paper. You can follow either method- whether you start writing, the moment you collect the ideas, or you can first put the list of ideas on separate sheet and then elaborate them on answer sheet. The choice is yours.
- Stand on your argument: Argument is basically a claim that you are putting forward. Whether you are in favor of the topic or against it, stand on it. Be careful while scribbling down your ideas as they should neither contradict each other nor your argument. Create strong sentences, examples or phrases to approve your opinions.
- Start developing Essay: Once, you have gathered enough supportive ideas and examples, then you can start writing. But you should know how to assemble those ideas so as to make the essay very attractive and interesting to read. However, you can also put them in the sequence they hit your mind. but it is advised to initiate with the more stronger points and then laid down the other ones. You can face 2 types of essays- cause-effect essays and argumentative essays. In the first one, prefer writing causes and then effects and in latter one, give ideas with examples to support it. Build your essay with introduction to make it more flashy. Use catchy words. Get more help from- How to Improve English Vocabulary for Ielts?
- Ideas should be interlinked: While phrasing your ideas on the paper, be sure that your ideas should be interlinked to make some sense. Essay structure should be very decent so as to be user readable and understandable. Your message should be properly conveyed. Be careful while jumping from one idea to another. Try using words like- but, if, because, instead, therefore etc.
- Time management is important: Before you start writing you should be very clear about the word limitation and the time you have to complete the essay. Don’t write too much or too less. Collect relevant points or examples and when you feel enough, start elaborating them on answer sheet. Don’t waste much time on thinking. Try to complete it before required time.
- Proofreading is must: Once you are done with your essay, read it again to correct your writing, where required. Check all the complicated spellings and grammar errors. Read all the examples, whether they sound good with that argument. While practicing you can also ask your friend to correct you.
We hope that all the above tips may help you to improve your essay writing skills. Use these tips every time you compose an essay. You can also endure through 5 Tips And Tricks For Your Writing IELTS Test. Visit British Ielts Coaching Institute and get the best Ielts Coaching.